Where it is safe and reasonable, our practice provides reasonable arrangements for access to out of hour’s primary care for regular patients of our practice.
Our practice has decided upon a reasonable distance within which visits can be safely conducted, which is 20 kilometers.
In our practice, we offer after hours care to patients of our practice by the following:
- practice GPs provide their own care for patients outside of normal opening hours either individually or through a roster
- formal arrangements for cooperative care outside the normal opening hours of the practice exist through a cooperative of one or more local practice
Patients are advised of access to our after hours service by:
- telephone answering machine
- sign visible from outside of the practice
- practice information sheet
The surgery is open for extended hours from 4.30pm to 6.00pm Monday to Thursday. When on call 4.30pm to 6.00pm Friday, Saturday 9.30am - 11.30am. Outside these hours patients are advised to phone 6427 9111 for the after hours service.
If a patient is too ill to come to the practice, a doctor can visit the patient at their home or place of care if they are a local patient of this practice.